Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location 10125-South Lake Tahoe - South Lake Tahoe, CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolJob Shift Flexible Shift between 5am-5pmJob Category Restaurant - Food ServiceDescription Our organization strives to provide the very best experience in Preschool and Before- and After- school programs that parents, children and communities have loved for over 45 years. We can do this thanks to our remarkable staff. We are currently looking for a Cook for our child care centers. Job Responsibilities:
Position duties are encompassing, but not limited to the following.
- Maintains the child care center food service in accordance with requirements of the Child Care Food Program.
- Prepares and serves breakfast, lunch and mid-afternoon snacks, with correct portion sizes and in accordance with accepted sanitation procedures.
- Must have experience in the care of kitchen equipment (care and use of standard cafeteria equipment, sanitation and safety standards).
- Basic skills in reading, math/arithmetic and record-keeping.
- Prepare and serve meals (breakfast, lunch, snack).
- Ensure portion sizes are in alignment with CCFP nutrition guidelines.
- Ensure food preparation is in accordance with accepted food handling, sanitation and kitchen hygiene procedures.
- Maintain safe kitchen practices, including effective food storage practices.
- Must have experience in the preparation of foods in large quantities (methods of quantity food preparation, serving and storage).
- Computer knowledge required to be able to shop and place orders online with our suppliers weekly.
- Spanish bilingual a plus.
- Special talents/skills desired to support the enrichment programs at the center are to operate and clean all kitchen equipment.
- Must obtain food handlers permit upon hire, or complete online course.
- Career Development and Training
- Discounted Childcare
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick Time
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Discounts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.