The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner plans, directs and coordinates Human Resources practices and objectives to maximize the strategic use and management of Human Resources functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. The Sr. HRBP provides support to all levels of operational leadership for multi-sites within a specified region.
May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Coaches management in their communication, feedback, recognition and interactive responsibilities with subordinates.
- Supports the region in establishing and executing an effective recruiting strategy.
- Provides ongoing training for sexual harassment, skills development and guidance.
- Designs and implements succession planning strategies and trainings.
- Handles various employee relations issues, such as investigating employees' complaints, resolving employee conflicts and advising appropriate action to store management.
- Reviews employee development, performs needs assessment, and provides necessary training.
- Collaborates with internal HR Partners in the creation and implementation of Human Resources policies, programs and practices.
- Conducts field visits, interviews and exit interviews to understand opportunities for improved retention.
- Participates in company meetings, webinars and conference calls.
- Attends seminars and other educational resources to maintain current knowledge of the HR field.
- Reviews and consults on management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Prepares company response to governmental agency claims and requests.
- Establishes a trusting consultative relationship with management and employees.
Position Qualifications/Core Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 7 years' general HR experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Prior experience and working knowledge of various Human Resources responsibilities; employment law, practices, and controlling governmental agencies (example; EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, WC, OSHA, etc.)
- Knowledge of compensation, recruitment, employee relations, engagement, development and benefits administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations and maintain documentation in an organized manner
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ensures proper handling of sensitive information; demonstrates a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent problem resolution skills with the ability to resolve disputes and maintain relationships
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; ability to identify and implement process improvement capabilities to drive business results
- Home Office based and Restaurant environment
- Frequent overnight travel (approximately 60%-75%)
- Constant interaction with internal and external partners by phone and/or electronic communications