ESTATE / HOSPITALITY MANAGER – NORTH CAROLINA, US
US Citizens only
Our client, a stunning privately owned estate in North Carolina, is searching for a distinct hospitality professional to lead from the front managing everything hospitality in this exclusive private hunting estate.
The position is live-out, but accommodation will be provided for close by the estate.
The ideal candidate is a US citizen, with an air of sophistication, excellent organisational skills, is prepared to train in all departments, and arrange for temporary staff when required.
Head of Hospitality and Interiors
This role reports to the Director of Operations and the Property Manager and is responsible for all aspects of the operational running of two large homes (20,000 sq ft each) and various other structures on property. This position will be responsible for all aspects of managing family and guest visits inclusive of management and logistics of hospitality, chef services, housekeeping event planning for large and small gatherings - ensuring a comfortable and positive experience for family and their guests.
- Must be a proven leader with enthusiastic approach to managing a staff to accomplish results.
- Oversee operational activities for main household and other structures on the estate and ensure timely and expert completion of duties.
- Supervise and follow up on the work of contractors, service people, designers, household and hospitality employees in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Oversee inventories of all household items, furnishings, artwork, food, liquor, appliances.
- Liaison between designers, corporate office staff and other parties regarding issues that must be resolved from start to completion.
Hospitality, Event Management and Guest Services
- Create household manuals, standards and protocols for all areas of hospitality
- Ensure that all guests to the property have an outstanding experience and that all needs/preferences are met and noted for future use.
- Coordinate staff training for household staff on service and hospitality standards.
- Orchestrate all aspects of fine dining experiences both large and small.
- Working with Property Manager and HR, arrange for additional staff for events as needed.
- Develop budgets and shopping lists for household.
- Manage housekeeping, hospitality staff.
- Maintain regular and deep cleaning schedules
- Create checklists to ensure households are always in ready condition for guests at a moment’s notice.
- Oversee culinary needs, chef staffing, menus, grocery lists and shopping for meals and events.
- Must have formal training in table setting, food service, wine and beverage pairing, purchase, storage.
- Pack and unpack traveler’s luggage as required.
- Oversee standards for laundry and wardrobe management as required.
- Handle any storage requirements.
- Minimum three years with one family and verifiable references in similar position.
- Formal hospitality and service training strongly preferred.
- Must adhere to Confidentiality Agreement and Authorize a Full Background and reference check.
- Must possess a valid and clean driver’s license.
- Must be highly organized and have an excellent eye for detail.
- Must be well versed and comfortable working with smart home technology and various home systems and electronics.
- Must have strong technology skills including email, various devices, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must understand professional boundaries
- Must be physically fit and health
- Non-smoker only
- Uniformed position (family will provide khakis and polo.
- Must have a neat professional appearance.