Our Exciting Work Environment
Boston Logan International Airport is New England's primary airport and one of the nation's busiest transportation hubs. Delaware North brings its world-class travel hospitality expertise to the 36 million-plus travelers who pass through the airport each year with a wide array of new food.
The new food and beverage outlets will have a distinctively Boston feel, with several restaurants created by acclaimed Boston chef Michael Schlow being adapted for the airport, as well as two outposts of B. Good Burger, a popular Boston-based farm-to-table concept. Additionally, two of the city's professional sports franchises - the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics - will each have a dedicated, contemporary sports bar for fans to gather as they travel to and from Boston.
This Sous Chef will oversee all culinary operations in the new Alta Strada location. A passion for quality ingredients, Italian classics and creating a welcoming atmosphere for travelers will make this Sous Chef successful.
- The Sous Chef will be responsible for daily supervision and production of all Alta Strada operations as well as assisting in other areas as directed by the Executive Chef for Boston Logan Airport. The Sous Chef supervises and works to develop the culinary staff in the restaurant.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Ensures culinary staff adheres to all Delaware North policies and procedures, Food Safety standards, GuestPath standards and all other policies and procedures
- Training and developing of staff
- Responsible for the procurement of all food products while following company and restaurant partner specifications
- Menu Development as well as ordering and inventory for the location.
- Ability to control food waste and identify opportunities for improvement of food/labor costs
- Ensures that all progressive disciplinary procedures are followed as outlined by Delaware North and that all employees under him/her are given fair and equitable treatment
- Creates a highly functional, teamwork-orientated back of house team
- 3 to 5 years Culinary Arts experience. More specifically, experience as a Sous Chef or Executive Sous Chef in an upscale, high-volume restaurant.
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill collaborating with our chef partner's to create exciting new dishes, appropriate for the restaurant's concept.
- The ideal candidate is extremely reliable, detail-oriented, and proficient with all basic cooking techniques
- Strong organizational, communication and PC skills.
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development and costing.
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- ServSafe Certification required.
- Must obtain ACF Certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- Candidate is required to take a culinary practical.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.