Under the direction of supervisor, prepares food required for foodservice operation, restaurant and/or banquets, in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for preparation.
- Prepares specific food items and stations; sets up for anticipated business.
- Prepares food products according to Company standards and specifications
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Maintains kitchen with minimal spillage and breakage.
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe procedures
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures
- Communicates with chef for any special instructions/training
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists with set up and break down of banquets
- Assists with plating and running food for functions
- Assists dishwashers when needed
- Assists receiving clerk when needed
Education & Experience:
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment ware)
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of shift
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequent bending and squatting
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment
- May be required to work in confined space
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
No resume or onsite interview required for this position. After submitting your application, you will receive a text and email invitation within 24 hours to begin our pre-screening process. You will be automatically be invited to complete an on-demand text interview. Tell us about yourself, answer a few questions and quickly qualify for the position on your own time, all from the convenience of your mobile device!