Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
Managed by Erickson Living, a national leader in the retirement industry, Oak Crest combines the opportunities of a big organization with the warmth of a family. Our talented team brings passion and heart to all that they do, creating a dynamic workplace like no other.
This team member is responsible for receiving stock, verifying packing slips, developing and maintaining inventory control systems to facilitate the food production process and Dining Room operations. Assists culinary and service staff as needed/directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and ²Vision² statement.
- Assists in the development of and maintenance of an appropriate inventory management system.
- Ensures and verifies that all the merchandise is received as ordered.
- Stocks all inventory in a defined, logical system.
- Works with designated food service computer systems as directed.
- Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
- Ensures the organization and sanitation of storage areas (refrigerators, freezers, dry storage, etc.) and loading dock.
- Supports the proper production and portioning of food items according to production sheets and recipes to prevent outages and shortages of food and non food items.
- Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors and listens effectively.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to organize and plan for controlling multiple deliveries in a relatively short period of time. Employee will be required to work some weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one year of dining room/food service experience in food service specifically in purchasing, receiving, and inventory coordination.