Our establishment is searching to immediately hire part-time Line Cooks (full-time available upon experience) to provide support to our upscale boutique hotel in West Hollywood. These positions will add to our growing team to provide excellent food while adhering to health and safety standards. We are a growing company with plenty of opportunity for you to learn and grow as a cook. These positions will report directly to our Head Chef and Sous Chef.
All applicants are required to have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events. Opening, Mid-day, and closing shifts available.
Wage: $18 per hour
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Receiving daily incoming deliveries, as well as putting away and organizing deliveries in various pantries and refrigerators for future use
• Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food and food ingredients (i.e., food preparation and portioning prior to service)
• Daily preparation and production of preparation lists
• Complete regular station supply inventory and checklists
• Maintain clean and well-organized work station at all times, including requests for deep cleaning as needed
• Provide high quality cuisine and food presentation
• Assess the quantity and quality of all preparation stations (i.e., Mise en place)
• Ensure compliance with local Health Department and other Federal, State, and local ordinances
• Provide daily support as needed to executive management
• California Food Handler card / ServSafe certification required.
• 1-year experience in a full-service or upscale Quick Service restaurant as Line Cook
• Strong understanding on how to follow recipes as well as all the various stations on the line. Skills with knives, tools, and other various kitchen equipment required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures (i.e., the ability to work cleanly, safely, and efficiently, in accordance with our company's Injury and Illness Prevention Program)
• Timeliness, common sense, cleanliness, as well as attention to detail are a must
• Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time and during entire shift (including overtime)
• Ability to work in confined areas with elevated temperatures
• Continual ability to perform physical mechanics of cooking for extended periods of time. Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe; Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.; Ability to taste and smell
• Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
• Ability to work effectively within a team and communicate clearly to ensure smooth service operations and preparation of high-quality food
• Uniform requirements: Clean non-slip shoes; Socks must be worn; Clean black pants; Clean Black shirt; Hat must be worn at all times
Please email resumes.
Applicants are also encouraged to walk-in (bring resume):
Kimpton Hotel Wilshire: 6317 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048
Ask for Daryl Butterfield and/or Mario Palomares
A Luxe Los Angeles Hotel
You're looking to find your place in the LA sun. Somewhere to enjoy a healthy shot of West Coast art and culture, a dash of urban adventure and a spritz of LA glitz. Lucky you for discovering Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, your private escape on the Miracle Mile. This appealing choice among boutique Los Angeles hotels is just a champagne cork's throw away from shopping at the Grove, dining, entertainment and the city's top cultural highlights. It gets even better when you consider our all-about-you amenities and features including a rooftop pool, chic SoCal style and spot-on service so you can indulge your inner A-lister. A gem among boutique hotels Los Angeles is known for, Kimpton Hotel Wilshire is designed to bring out the LA diva in you.