Catering Sales Manager/Director
Il Tulipano Catering and Special Events, family owned and operated since 1982, established as one of New Jersey's Premier Catering/Wedding Facilities, is seeking a highly qualified Catering Sales Manager/Director. Candidate will be an experienced sales builder with a passion for providing our guests with the highest standard in gracious hospitality and flawless execution of their event.
Duties, Responsibilities & Qualifications
• Proactive solicitation of new business
• Conduct effective meetings and communications with new clients.
• Negotiate and close event contracts.
• Develop lasting relationships with our guests.
• Maintain and enhance our brand.
• Oversee events to provide our guests with the highest level of service.
• Work closely with all departments and organize weekly meetings to ensure events are perfectly executed.
• Attend restaurant manager meetings regularly to discuss sales progress and operational opportunities.
• Monitor changes in the catering/events industry by gathering knowledge of current trends and developing necessary strategies to adjust to those trends and ultimately improve sales.
• Disciplined, motivated and well organized with strong multi-tasking abilities, time management and attention to detail.
• Responsible for ordering outside products and special requests, including but not limited to liquor, ice sculptures, baked goods, etc
• Engaged, articulate, and able to communicate with diverse groups of people.
• Strong speaking, training, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team.
• Ability to work at a fast pace with a flexible schedule in a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to delegate, follow up, and relate to staff and guests in a positive, effective manner.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Proficient in the use of computers and related software applications.
• Minimum of five years sales/catering experience.
• Knowledge of regional catering/events markets, restaurant operations and guest relations.
• Weekends are a MUST; no exceptions
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.