Full Time Lead Cook
Age requirement: Must be 18 or older
Harrison Full Time Lead Cook
The grand opening of the new Harrison store will be in Spring 2020.
The Harrison store will be open 6am-12am, 7 days a week.
Full-time interviews will begin in April 2019
Part-time interview will begin at a later date
Opportunities are for Year-Round Employment
Online correspondence is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
1133 Westchester Ave
White Plains, New York 10604
As part of our culinary team, you'd be working for a company that's been on the prestigious ""Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®"" list for 20 years in a row. You'll work side-by-side with experienced chefs making a wide variety of delicious, fresh and award-winning dishes that meet the needs of busy families and hungry people in the communities we serve. From our prepared food sections to one of our concept restaurants, you'll make the food that makes a difference in our customers' lives.
We know your growth as a culinarian is important. At Wegmans, you'll be able to expand on your current skills. You'll have the opportunity to work side-by-side with some of the best culinarians in the industry, while working in an environment where the store is your pantry and your creativity can come to life.
In addition to opportunities for professional growth, you'll have support. From flexible scheduling to great benefits, you'll be able to do the work you love while living the life you want.
Be part of an amazing team. Join our culinary family!
What will I do?
- Assist the Sous Chef in running the kitchen and managing employees, overseeing the operations in the absence of the Sous Chef
- Follow recipes and proper cooking techniques to ensure products are consistently prepared to showcase our high standards and giving our guests a meal they can't find elsewhere
- Educate customers and employees on products, share knowledge to offer complete meal solutions and suggest ways for them to prepared meal items incorporating items from different departments.
- Manage employee performance by providing resources, training, feedback and development opportunities
- 2 or more years' experience as a line cook
- Demonstrated experience managing others
- Experience working on multiple kitchen stations
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts
- Experience working in an upscale restaurant, hotel, country club, conference center, and/or casino, etc.