Do you want to invest your time, energy, and commitment to quality in a company that shares the same values? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you personally driven to take your technical talents and translate thru your art and teams work innovate products that set the standard in pastry and drives the grain movement? If so, La Farm is the place for you!
La Farm is a dynamic, high-end bakery and cafe , just voted "Top Ten Bakeries in North America" by USA Today, located in Cary, NC. Our Baking team is currently seeking to builds its pastry team and is in search of a Pastry Chef that can lead that growth with the same passion La Farm has for breads.
A successful Pastry Chef will lead by example thru hands on involvement all aspects of the pastry program, train and require proper European culinary techniques, be a strong addition to the La Farm Culinary Management and Leadership Team. This position reports to Head of Production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Pastry Production of high quality Pastry Program with a flair for approachable everday Country French style of Pastries, seasonal and special holiday pasteries including playful grain inspired products across all business lines.
- Recruit, Select and Develop Team thru hands on approach with passion for training that results in high quality and pride in each individual product crafted.
- Project Production, maintain food cost & inventory, and fanatical about Food Saftey & Cleanliness.
- Execute high volume categories of baked goods, pastries, macarons, special occasion pastries and breakfast pastries that represents yours and La Farm's standards of quality
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- At least 2-3 years cumulative relevant experience
- Knowledge of pastry equipment, operation and upkeep
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and strong control of inventory to assure freshness
- Basic computer working knowledge
- Communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/or knowledge in pastry and keep current with developments and trends
- Ability to make pastries that incorporate heritage, ancient or stone ground grains a plus
- Proven ability to manage cleaniness, equipment maintence and sanitation
We're especially looking for a candidate who has:
- 2-3 yrs of pastry team management in a production
As a member of the La Farm Bakery team, you'll be part of a friendly, driven team that lives our core values. You'll also get:
· Leadership Opportunities
· Training Opportunities
· Competitive Pay
· Delicious (and we mean super tasty) product discounts
· Fresh Loaf of Bread after each shift