Atlas Obscura is looking for a Head of Marketing to build a best-in-class marketing program for our rapidly growing Trips and Experiences businesses. Bringing our global database of 20,000 wondrous places and foods to life, in-person experiences have always been an important part of Atlas Obscura. And thanks to a broad new partnership with Airbnb, we're able to expand our offering and reach an entirely new audience. As the Head of Marketing, you will help shape the future of our Trips and Experiences businesses, leading the overall strategic direction for customer acquisition and retention, go-to-market strategies, and content marketing for them. You'll manage a growing team and interface daily with our Product and Design teams.
The position is based in Brooklyn, NY, with occasional domestic and international travel.
- Set customer acquisition and retention strategy for Trips and Experiences, in collaboration with both teams
- Develop go-to-market strategies for locals and travelers in new Experiences markets
- Grow and scale Trips and Experiences marketing team
- Leverage our social media channels and email newsletters to win over readers and new customers
- Develop customer journey models and test against them
- Develop influencer and experiential marketing programs that drive measurable results
- 8+ years experience in consumer marketing at an international tour operator
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving growth of a tour or experiences business
- Deep experience in content, social media, and email marketing as well as paid search and social
- Analytical thinker with exceptional command of data
- Strong understanding of customer journeys and audience segmentation
- Excellent communicator with strong managerial and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Entrepreneurial instincts, a hands-on attitude, a healthy sense of humor, and a passion for Atlas Obscura's mission of finding the world's most wondrous and hidden places.
Compensation is competitive and includes equity. Benefits for full-time employees include contributions toward health, dental, and vision for both employee and family. We value diversity and are committed to an inclusive work environment and a fair and consistent interview process.