Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Mountain Safety attendant works to uphold the highest levels of guest and employee safety on the mountain, as well as promotes the Skier Responsibility Code and Vail Resorts' safety policies and procedures. This position focuses on the education, communication, outreach, and enforcement of safe skiing and riding, and also serves as an ambassador for guest service and resort knowledge.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Supervising and maintaining the highest levels of guest safety while skiing/boarding and standing at on mountain stations, on varied terrain in high altitude, with varying winter weather conditions.
* Enforcing the Skier Responsibility Code and Resort policies with guests and employees including revocation of lift tickets or passes and instructing guests and employees on appropriate behavior.
* Answering guest questions regarding terrain, directions, and other resort/town information in a professional friendly manner.
* Placing and monitoring signage and baffles in slow ski zones.
* Checking trails for safety hazards, placing ropes and packing or shoveling snow.
* Lifting equipment which may include baffles, signage, padding, and/or toboggans.
* High School or Equivalent - required.
* Must be 18 years of age by December 1st - required
* Three years of work experience or post-secondary school-required
* Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required.
* Must have excellent guest service skills - required.
* Must have excellent communication skills - required.
* Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment - required.
* Must be available to work holidays and weekends - required.
* Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions - required.
* Must pass on-mountain ski/ride test (equivalent to PSIA Level 7) - required.
* Must provide own personal ski/ride equipment - required.
* Must work well in a team.
* Previous resort operational experience - preferred.
* Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177818