Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Be a part of a unique on mountain dining experience, adventure 2 breathtaking gondolas rides to the top of Keystone's North Peak at 11,444. As a restaurant chef you will lead a team to create a one-of-a-kind experience for our guests. The restaurant chef is responsible for the overall quality of food at a full service, modern scratch restaurant which serves lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch, special events including festivals, group dining and weddings. Menu development, specifications, production and delivery. Management of kitchen environment in an on-mountain dining outlet. Ensure staff and food quality will provide ski resort and lodging guests with a pleasant dining experience on a daily basis. Monitor and maintain financial performance of dining outlet including payroll, sales, inventory, worker's comp claims, etc.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with menu planning, production and delivery
* Assist in budget process and forecasting of business
* Food safety across all operations
* Ensures entire outlet operates under HACCP guidelines and adheres to Serve Safe Culinary Guidelines.
* Maintain financial performance of operation related to food sales vs. spending and labor
* Financial oversight and assistance with monthly food inventories, cost transfers, menu costing, capital projects, managing operational purchases and participating in monthly business reviews.
* Accurately schedule and review staff to budgeted labor. Responsible for Payroll exceptions, approvals, and labor distribution reports
* Assist with ordering/receiving, cost transfers, variance reports and inventory control of all food, beverages, supplies, etc. purchased for the entire building.
* Check and maintain food quality of all food served and produced. Ability to create and maintain production tools to ensure high standards are met. I. E. use records, station guides, production lists, etc.
* Responsible for hiring, retaining and training all food service personnel. Ability to teach and coach back of house staff. Development of culinary staff through hands on training.
* Embrace a culture of accountability.
* Participate in Keystone Mountain Dining and Vail Resorts Mountain Dining enterprise initiatives.
* Oversee organization and cleanliness of kitchen operations and BOH storage areas.
* Adhering and training all culinary staff to food safety guidelines.
* Creating and implementing quality and standard controls.
* Practice a high level of emotional intelligence while striving for continuous improvement.
* Produce creative and innovative menus.
* Culinary degree preferred
* Minimum 3 years in high volume restaurant operation
* Minimum 3 years of direct management experience
* Serve Safe Food Protection Manager Certification
* Purchasing systems, MS office suite, Outlook, Time and Labor
* Spanish preferred, English required
* Experience with culinary students and international work force- preferred
We're looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team - where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177722