As a Banquet Captain/Event Assistant, you will act as a right hand to our catering team leaders and help them to supervise the setup, execution and tear down for our catered events. As a key member of our Food and Beverage team, you will make sure that the tables are decorated correctly, the food is well presented, and service goes off without a hitch.
You will help to supervise the wait staff, making sure that they are in uniform and providing exceptional service to our guests. You will also be a liaison to the Chef and culinary team, keeping them informed of timelines and service needs.
The Spokane Club has nine various catering spaces that host anywhere from 2 to 500 people. This position requires flexible availability, including weekdays, Friday (evenings), Saturdays and Sundays.
- At least 2 years in a catering/banquet service position in a full service banquet facility, resort or hotel.
- High school diploma is required; college/culinary degree is helpful.
- Valid Washington State Food & Beverage Permit
- Class 12 or 13 Alcohol server permit
- Deep knowledge of wine varieties, differences in, how to serve properly, etc. a must.
- Knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Ability to lift and carry up to thirty (30) pounds at a time.
- Ability to perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints and within established deadlines.