Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure the production of the best possible product, attractively presented and efficiently served
* Lead by example, while participating in and overseeing implementation of daily operating procedures within Kitchen. All aspects of kitchen work including food preparation skills at all stations, portioning, garnishing, storage, and quality control.
* Responsible for working in conjunction with kitchen manager to make labor decisions.
* Assist with inventories, reports and other paperwork as required, in a timely manner
* Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
* Bakes breads and pastry. Cuts meat. Washes dishes.
* Greets and serves guests and FOH staff in a courteous manner.
* Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
* Ensure all food is prepared, cooked and presented according to health department regulations and safe food handling practices.
* Maintain clean, well-organized, and well-maintained facilities in compliance with Stevens Pass and Washington State mandated Standards
* Demonstrated Knowledge to work all cook stations in restaurant.
* Ability to verbally communicate with guests and staff in English.
* Other duties as requested by F&B Management Team, members of Director Team or General Manager
* Be knowledgeable about the Stevens Pass Ski Area, the products and services available in restaurant and the food being served to guests.
* Show up to work on time and in uniform.
* Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the workplace, co-workers, and the guests.
* Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personal and work issues.
* Ability to work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with Cascadian Kitchen policies and procedures.
* Ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and other situations that are not clearly defined by standard operating procedures.
* Will assist enthusiastically when asked to help out in other areas of either the Cascadian Kitchen or other Food and Beverage departments.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AA degree or equivalent in experience in related industry. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak English effectively with guests and fellow workers. Basic arithmetic skills required. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handler's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175883