Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant is looking for a DISHWASHER to join our outstanding restaurant staff. The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail's brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
This position involves regularly setting up, cleaning and breakdown of high temperature dishwashing machine and a 3 compartment sink, and always having a sense of urgency.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for operation and execution of the dish pit area, dry chemical closet space, janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker room, employee uniform area, food receiving and recycle area and back storage room. The dishwasher is responsible for keeping the dish pit area clean at all times, ensuring plates, platters, china, chafers, serving equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked correctly to be rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and put back in their right spots when clean.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock and employee bathrooms.
* Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot and humid environment.
* Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior Kitchen Management.
* Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at all times during operation hours.
* Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdown a three compartment sink.
* Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of the machine and maintain the log.
* Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during service.
* Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
* Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
* Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
* Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to avoid slips and falls.
* Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after service.
* Always use personal protective equipment while working - mainly protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
* Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime the machine frequently.
* Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
* Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
* General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a dish area - preferred.
* Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional kitchen - preferred.
* Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail - required.
* Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
* Fluent in English - required.
* Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
* Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
* Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as requested - required.
* In-person or Skype Interview - required
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
Vail Mountain Dining:
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176707