The Manager, Development Analytics will be responsible for the development of Burger King restaurants in North America. This individual will be responsible for managing the new restaurant development strategy and will provide meaningful financial analysis by working through complex issues, utilizing financial models to support investment decisions, as well as participate in strategic market planning exercises. This position reports to the Lead of Development Analytics and has high interaction with the Head of Development and President of Burger King North America. The position plays a key role in impacting the financial results and net restaurant growth of North America by directly supporting the signing of New Development Deals.
In addition, this position also involves reporting on and presenting key business initiatives to Senior and Executive Management on a routine basis. The Manager role is that of a business partner and has historically been a strong launching pad for future advancement within RBI.
This is a role with a lot of exposure to senior executives of the company and it is expected that the Manager takes on larger responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Build financial models / analyses used to support business decisions by Senior Management, including: trend analysis, cash flow projections, discounted cash flow analysis, IRR analysis and various other models unique to the task at hand
· Performs ongoing financial analysis of business sectors and regional segments to assess performance vs. budget and forecast and identify opportunities for improvement, in partnership with the business
· Deconstruct large scale, complex business problems in order to present and execute on a solution
· Leading cross functional teams in the execution of business initiatives designed to increase profitability and improve processes
· Accountable for the preparation, in-depth analysis and commentary of presentation materials delivered to Senior and Executive Management
· Support the coordination, creation and analysis of monthly forecast and annual budget materials, ensuring completeness, timeliness, accuracy, relevance and reliability
· Support the development of long-term projections for strategic planning
· Develop and implement strategy for BK's North America development efforts
· Identify new business opportunities to expand BK portfolio
· Prepare status reports of leads, commitments and financial analysis of new development
· Partner with Finance to create business model for the institutional development
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in finance or economics preferred
· 2-4 years work experience of relevant industry experience with extensive financial modeling experience
· Understanding of the retail/QSR industry and BK's positioning, challenges, and future evolution within that industry
· Demonstrated capability in all aspects of leading and managing employees, including setting team objectives, monitoring employee performance, and managing budgets
· Sophisticated judgment and problem solving skills based on advanced analytical capabilities in situations with complex scenarios and alternatives
· Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills both internally and externally that show a capability of influencing a wide range of audiences on sometimes complicated or delicate issues for potentially major impact on the development function and potentially on Burger King as a whole
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Previous experience in a franchise business model preferred
· Ability to work in teams, particularly cross-functional
· Advanced project management skills
· Effective conflict resolution skills
· Ambition, ownership mentality, and entrepreneurial spirit
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.