LINE COOKS - MORNING SHIFTS; MUST WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
BUSSERS - EVENING SHIFTS; MUST WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS:
We are currently looking to fill a AM & PM LINE COOKS positions. WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED COOKS FOR BREAKFAST AND MEXICAN CUISINE STARTING AT $16-$18/HR! Great opportunity for learning and growth as we promote from within our restaurant. We are seeking energetic and talented candidates that possess a strong sense of team-work and are passionate about creating the ultimate guest experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Preps, stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Follows sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
• Spanish or Bilingual preferred
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in Mexican kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Current Food Handlers permit on file.
BUSSER/RUNNER JOB POSTING:
Primary Duties: To ensure guests are seated at a clean, properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible. To maintain cleanliness of the restrooms, perimeter of the building and parking lot. To work with the Servers, Host/Hostesses and Bartenders to ensure guests receive excellent service. To keep all areas stocked in both Back of the House and Front of the House for quick and efficient service.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1) Ensure guests are seated at a clean, properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible
2) Maintains cleanliness of restrooms, perimeter of building and parking lot
3) Checks cleanliness of the busstand from previous shift and notifies manager of any problems.
4) Sets up the service areas, restocks and prepares service areas for shift change and/or close
5) Checks highchairs and boosters for cleanliness
6) Empties trash and sweeps the restaurant and bar floor areas
7) Prepares coffee and iced tea
8) Stocks areas in BOH to assist with service (i.e. salad dressing etc.)
9) Offers assistance to guests by clearing away dishes and glassware, and refills beverages
10) Assists with delivering food to tables
11) Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift
12) Prepares for shift change and close
13) Keeps the manager fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes
prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be
14) Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with
established company policies to achieve the overall objective of this position
15) Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and
promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum
employee morale, productivity and effectiveness
16) At all times provides a favorable image of the Company to promote its aims and objectives and
foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all its areas of endeavor
17) At all times convey the brand's story as it relates to their position as described during training.
Long, busy days on your feet are the trademark of this job
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
• Works as a team player by assisting other employees with duties as necessary or when shift
becomes unexpectedly busy: Helps greet and seat guests' and answers telephone, pre-busses table throughout guests' dining experience, assists in bussing tables so guest can be seated promptly, restocks service areas with appropriate supplies, and helps deliver food orders to guests' at the bar
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified
"Casa Martin is a family-owned restaurant dedicated to providing our customers with the freshest, most authentic food possible."
Our Mexican dishes originated from the regions of Tepatitlan, Jalisco. As a family-owned business, our unique cooking and dishes were taught by our mother, a native to the Jalisco area. Using fresh, authentic ingredients were and still continue to be vital in creating any of our dishes. Authentic Mexican restaurants in Los Angeles, CA aren't easy to come by. That's why it was important for our family to bring an original taste of our native land to such a popular, modern location like Santa Monica. We want the community to get a taste of what authentic Mexican food is like as well as taste the various flavors and seasonings that we know so well.
We always strive to make every customers' experience unique and pleasant. From our excellent customer service to the meticulous way the food is made to the ambiance of our restaurant: we think of our customers every step of the way. Our goal is to be our customer's go-to location for anniversaries, casual dining, and any other celebrations they want to share with us. We are currently visited by tourists, students, as well as the community.
Come by Casa Martin any time of the week for either lunch or dinner, you won't be disappointed. We are located just two blocks away near the iconic Santa Monica pier for the convenience of our customers to find our location. The Martin family welcomes you into our restaurant with open arms.