Serve as an attentive lifeguard at an upscale private club guarding lap and recreation pool, according to Red Cross and Spokane Club guidelines; maintain order and safety in and around pools.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend training meetings scheduled by Aquatics Director
- Enforce water safety rules and regulations;
- Perform rescues, first aid and resuscitation as needed;
- Guard the pool according to Red Cross Lifeguard policies and standards, and Club lifeguard rules;
- Maintain organized pool deck and storage areas, including lifesaving equipment, lesson, team and recreational equipment, and lost and found items;
- Install and remove as necessary for programming: lane lines, steps, flag poles and flags;
- Notify supervisor of disturbances, emergencies and staff performance problems;
- Open and close swimming and poolhouse facilities;
- Assist supervisors as requested;
- Adhere to Club standards as described in the Employee Handbook.
- You have the smile and can-do attitude that others enjoy
- Passion for customer service
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- Comfortable using a computer and talking on the phone
- Team player
- Demonstrates leadership in stressful situations to help guide others
- Highly self-motivated and productive
- Able to be flexible with your schedule
The Spokane Club is the premier recreation and business club in the Inland Northwest. It was founded in 1890. The Spokane Clubs downtown Clubhouse is a 1910 historic landmark designed by the noted architect Kirtland Cutter. The Valley club is a large athletic facility with tennis leagues and tournaments. The club offers combined comprehensive amenities, including 44 hotel rooms, eight banquet rooms seating up to 225, 120-seat bistro style restaurant and bar, two deli/espresso bar cafes, two conditioning rooms, basketball gyms, ten handball/racquetball courts, two indoor pools, nine locker rooms with sauna and steam rooms, child care and youth programming, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and five group exercise rooms.
We are a fun group of people who believe in working hard so we can play hard. Spokane Club team members enjoy free access to our athletic facilities, free employee meal program, and discounts for themselves and family for all of our programs.
- Possession of a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Age 18 minimum. Previous lifeguard experience preferred.
- Ability to swim 500 yards continuously, remain vigilant and act quickly in making rescues and rendering aid.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Multi-tasker with a great attitude
- Ability to see the details and clean/tidy the pool area throughout the shift
- Ability to convey confidence and communicate well in high stress situations
- Must be able to stand for 6 hours and lift up to 50 lbs