General Manager - Upscale Hotel
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Gecko Hospitality is looking for a General Manager for an Upscale Hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area. The General Manager will supervise and direct the operations and financial activities of the hotel. The General Manager is the safeguard the asset and helps to create and implement the culture of the property for the associates and guests.
General Manager Responsibilities
- The General Manager gets to create and maintain a customer-driven hotel with a customer-keeping vision. Your leadership will inspire the hotel associates to do their best.
- The General Manager oversees the quality process to ensure customer satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service.
- The General Manager will tour and visually inspect the property on a daily basis. Monitor property condition, cleanliness, cost control, and quality of product and service throughout the hotel.
- The General Manager travels to attend corporate meetings, sales trips and serve on committees such as Research, Development, and Standards committee.
- The General Manager aids Human Resources with associate issues following policies.
- The General Manager interviews, hires, trains, recommend performance evaluations, resolves problems, provides open communication and recommends discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- The General Manager develops and delegates improvement plans for operation and reviews the performance of the management team.
- The General Manager participates in community affairs and maintains a positive public image for the property.
- Active involvement in the Sales and Revenue Management functions.
- Guide other members of the Executive Committee, Management, and staff to make sound business decisions is a critical portion of the responsibilities. Create and execute the financial objectives of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
General Manager Requirments
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of General Management experience with strong Food and Beverage experience.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public, etc.
Competitive Base Salary, Strong Bonus, Health/Dental/ Life, Hospitality Perks, Vacation and PTO