BANQUET EXECUTIVE CHEF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Minimum of five to ten years cooking experience
· Good working knowledge of kitchen systems
· Efficient knife skills a must
· Must show good leadership, planning and problem solving skills
· Be able to withstand large workload under high heat
· Good communication skills
· Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards.
· Handles and cleans kitchen equipment carefully and safely to prevent damage or injury.
· Works efficiently and effectively to gather, wash, cut, season, cook and to store quality ingredients.
· Performs a variety of butchering tasks, such as trimming, and cutting.
· Prioritizes and organized tasks for speed and quality assurance.
· Perform other kitchen duties as required.
· Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure an take initiative in a fast paced environment
· Must have a neat appearance and be well groomed
· Ability to communicate with non-English speaking associates required
Previous supervisory/management experience, a full and thorough understanding of a high volume resort banquet kitchen operation.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. College degree or Culinary School degree
Have the desire to teach and grow with associates.
Must be able to speak English.
Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and be flexible with shifts