Mango Mangeaux. As Seen On Shark Tank...
Are you looking for a great job with delicious benefits?
Our bistro is busy, busy, busy and WE ARE HIRING!
We're looking for a skilled, enthusiastic Executive Chef with a passion for great food, join our Mango Mangeaux team.
We value our employees and strive to give them a high level of job satisfaction, competitive wages and work-life balance.
Our ideal Executive Chef will:
- Prepare or directly supervise the preparation of a wide variety of a la carte and banquet menu items
- Responsible for inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, standardized recipe development and issuing supplies and equipment for food production
- Supervise employees, sanitation and safety, menu planning and related production activities
- Prepare reports, costs menus, make schedules and perform administrative duties as assigned
- Ensure that all opening and closing preparation, production and hygiene schedules are adhered to on a shift-by-shift basis
- Clean and supervise the cleaning of cooking utensils, grills, fryers, ovens, sinks, table tops and other kitchen equipment; also responsible to maintain sanitation, health and safety issues in the work area
- Attend to day-to-day problems and needs concerning food supplies and equipment and report any unusual problems with supplies, equipment or working conditions
- Hire, train, and supervise the work of the culinary team
- Ensure high standards of sanitation throughout all kitchen areas at all times
- Establishing and enforce controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft
- Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items that require skillful preparation
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Ensure proper labeling, rotation and freshness of all food items: dispose of and record all spoiled or unattractive foods
- Plan and execute specials
- Other duties as assigned
II. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train employees
- Ability to plan a wide variety of menus, including international/ethic, keeping in mind dietary, financial and social considerations
- Proficient in ordering, costing, inventory and control of supplies, equipment, and/or services
- Strong knowledge of all health, safety and sanitation polices
- Ability to interact with all departments and members professionally and courteously
- Ability to multi-task with a professional demeanor while meeting and exceeding expectations
- Advanced skill in preparation, cooking and presentation of a wide variety of food
- Working knowledge of food and wine pairing a plus
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship-building skills
- Job Type: Full-time