When it comes to experiencing Paso Robles, we're perfectionists. That's why we built The Piccoloan intimate 24-room boutique hotel in the heart of historic Paso Robles. With the towns first rooftop bar, a wine lounge, a private courtyard, a champagne vending machine, and so much more, every detail at the Piccolo has been thoughtfully created to ensure that each and every experience here is as perfect as possible. But perfect experiences begin with quality service.
While wine country might be the draw for many visitors, we know its the people who have made Paso Robles their home that really make this place special. The Piccolo is looking for those who embody the welcoming, authentic spirit of Paso Robles to join our team and welcome travelers with a true taste of our local flavor and heartfelt hospitality.
As the Wine Attendant, you will be responsible for providing timely and accurate service to guests and patrons with enthusiasm and positivity. You are innovative in creating a friendly guest service experience, striving to exceed customers needs and expectations during their visit. The Wine Attendant has ample experience in Paso Robles wine industry and provides exceptional knowledge not only of the region but the wine as well. The Wine Attendant will possess the ability to share meal and wine pairing recommendations and represents the establishment through the ability to make extraordinary Paso Perfected experiences when necessary.
About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. We are looking for someone who understands what it means to LEAD and believes in our culture, values, and mission as much as we do.
The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Attentively greet and create a friendly customer experience providing exception hospitality to all visitors of Piper.
- Serve wines from the Paso Robles region with pride in educating guest on the specific wine poured as well as the winery history knowledge and location.
- Accurately record drink orders and immediately enter orders into the register system, in addition to accepting and recording guest payment, charges, and making change.
- Organize, maintain and polish glasses and restock wine bar inventory in an aesthetically pleasing, functional manner to promote and support efficient pouring preparation.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of wine bar area, including tables, counters, sinks, utensils, shelves, glassware, and storage areas.
- Present drink menus, answer guest questions, and make recommendations with a friendly demeanor.
- Actively report all equipment problems and wine bar maintenance issues to manager.
- Adhere to all hotel policies and procedures throughout the execution of tasks and responsibilities.
- Sustain the safety of the property though risk-management behavior, proper inspections, participation in Safety and Security Committee and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Following safety procedures as your role is defined.
- Maintain Approachability
- Possess a Customer Focus
- Listening skills
- Highly Organized
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- TIPS Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- At least 1 year of experience in a Tasting Room positon.
- Must be familiar with Paso Robles wine region and local wineries.
- Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift.
- Must possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and holidays.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Speak and understand the English language.
- Must be familiar with the Paso Robles area, wine, entertainment venues, breweries and county events.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation.
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel.
- Ascend and descend a ladder.