Description: If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us at to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
- Welcome, all guests with a genuine and delightful smile. Interact with guests as they arrive and leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Use the guest name whenever possible.
- Identify special occasions and extend wishes.
- Initiate genuine conversation while escorting guests to their tables.
- Point out the location of restrooms.
- Take guest information, accurately quote wait time, and follow up immediately.
- Answer phone, answer questions concerning the menu and restaurant and assist with reservation requests. Fill to go orders when requested.
- Observe tables and update the status on reservation tablet.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of menus, pens, postcards, business cards, to go bags, and mints.
- Assist with and maintain a clean and organized restaurant and work station.
- Maintain restrooms throughout the shift.
- Wipe down front desk and menus.
- Follow opening and closing checklist.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the General Manager and Restaurant Managers.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
- Minimum 1-year Hosting experience. (Fine dining preferred.)
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Open Table Guest Center experience preferred.
Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable accommodations if warranted
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and restaurant staff.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds
- Standing for extended periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants' requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some holidays.
- Must maintain regular attendance.
- Black slip resistant shoes
- Professional black attire.
- Clean, pressed black pants or skirt with a blazer.
- Clean, pressed knee-length black dress.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Functions Disclaimer The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.PM19