We are looking for creative bartenders who are looking to join a cocktail forward, customer service oriented, team! We will serve breakfast 7-days, as well as great cocktails, beer, and wine with small plates 6 evenings a week. We focus on local in all we do. You'll work together with the Bar Manager to create a F&B program that's second to none. We do many events in our three private spaces, including our Backyard and Rooftop.
Point Hospitality provides premier hotel management services by investing in and empowering its employees to elevate the guest experience. We live by our Guiding Principles of Acceptance, Integrity, Respect, Fun, and Results.We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Mission of the Role: Take food and beverage orders, prepare drink orders for the bar, room service, and restaurant. Maintain stock, supplies, and cleanliness of outlet and equipment.
Qualifications: Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Two years' experience as a bartender.
- Ability to obtain any governmental required licenses or certificates (for example, Serve Safe certification or any other Food Handler's permit required in the state, county, and/or city where employed)
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger.
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- High School graduate, with some college
- Knowledge of fine wines, beer, and liquor.
- Alcohol awareness certification (TIPS Training)
- Fluency in a foreign language, preferably Spanish.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies and service procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment, and use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, and non-alcoholic selections, glassware and garnishes in the restaurant
- Maintain complete knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items (including daily specials), prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients, and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish, and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up, and dress code of the restaurant.
- Know and use all table numbers and position points throughout the restaurant and lounge area.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel and restaurant features/services, hours of operation.
- local area attractions/activities
- Scheduled daily group activities.
- Complete all side duties as assigned.
- Requisition supplies as needed from the Supervisor.
- Organize and set up bar area -- ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
- Greet guests and suggest beverage order, utilizing upselling techniques.
- Relay daily specials with brief descriptions; answer all questions on menu selections accurately and offer suggestions.
- Take guests' orders utilizing upselling techniques and record all orders following service standards.
- Suggest wine or beverage order to compliment guests' meals; open and serve wines according to department standards.
- Input orders into system and ensure transmission of orders is verified by kitchen when assigned to do so. Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
- Provide restaurant servers with beverage orders in a timely fashion.
- Total all charges, present guest checks according to procedure, and process checks according to payment, cash handling, credit card, and room charge policies and procedures.
- Complete all closing reports in the P.O.S. system. Total all transactions according to departmental procedures. Report all tips.
- Count bank and complete cashier report. Drop all money in safe and return bank. Submit completed paperwork to front desk.
- Secure bar areas according to departmental procedure and return keys to their assigned location.
- Monitor and anticipate guest needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests even when busy.
- Maintain positive guest relations. Be familiar with all hotel services/features, and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Various duties and projects as directed by hotel management.
Key Relationships:Internal: Chef, Bar Backs, Servers, Dishwashers, Housekeeping Manager, Front Office staff, General Manager, Room Attendants, Houseperson
External: Hotel Guests/Visitors, F&B Vendors
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Able to load full glasses onto trays and transport them across the workspace.
- Able to move continuously during the shift throughout the workspace to perform essential job functions.
- Able to perform tasks such as grasping, placing or removing bottles and/or glasses, processing glassware through washing steps, using a knife to prepare garnishes.
- Able to push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 50 lbs.; and transport received goods and boxes to appropriate locations.
- Able to endure repetitive motions for extended periods of time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Tilden reinterprets ideas of minimalism with a refined sense of composure palpable in every space, from the residential-inspired lobby, lively restaurant and bar, The Douglas Room, and relaxed, sophisticated guestrooms. Exemplifying effortless elegance and organic appeal, Tilden is a timeless San Francisco hotel.