Position Reports to: Operations Manager & Owner
To assist the Operations Manager, kitchen team and front of house team in daily management tasks of providing catering services to the required standards. Will ensure successful operations of catering functions including labor, cost control, preparation, transportation, setup, operation and clean up of all levels. Will actively assist in the development of catering staff service techniques, event presentations, and food and hygiene standards. Additionally acts as a liaison between FOH and BOH staff to ensure smooth event execution and flow. Will facilitate control and oversee maintenance of FOH & BOH supplies, equipment, and vehicles. Reinforce protocols and procedures so departmental costs and spending align with budgets. Ensure all departments are adhering facility rules and expectations. Assist with execution of related work in association with delivering of event services such as event packout, POD organization and maintainence, rental pick-ups and returns, expediting of events, oversight of onsite facility staff and delivering of catering orders.
- Expediting of all services leaving S&H facility
- Organization of event pack outs, kitchen gear and truck maintenance to ensure timely departure of all services
- Ensuring compliance with all fire, licensing, and employment regulations
- Seeks opportunities to implement new products and services to support business growth and development as well as increase client retention.
- Works closely with the Front of the House manager, Chef and Sales department to ensure operational needs are being expedited.
- Create FOH event deliverables: daily menu signage, Event Manager binders, Buffet maps, event packouts, Banquet Event Orders
- Assists in keeping the team focused on adjustments to equipment or the operation in order to ensure we have the necessary equipment or plan for each unique event and we are set up to drive revenue.
- Assists in driving the operation process while carefully paying attention to future events.
- Oversee maintenance stock levels and ordering new supplies as required
- Oversees in establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for ordering, receiving, storing inventory, serving food and related products. Including creating & updating department spreadsheets and binders.
- Oversee Front of House rentals & vendor deliveries
- Assist in overall organization and cleanliness of facility, loading dock, and inventory rooms
- Awareness of local, state and federal health and sanitation laws
- Excellent time management, math and reasoning skills,
- Professional at all times, in communications and on the job
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Ability to be flexible in a high-energy and demanding environment
- Organization and leadership skills, including a track record of actively supervising, training and motivating staff
- Works well under pressure, and can effectively solve problems and think on their feet
- Must be able to exercise discretion regarding all current and future clients
- Able to take direction and have ability to effectively communicate with staff at all times efficient and respectful manner
- Creative problem solver with exceptional competence using MS Office programs and Google Drive to provide analysis.
- Must have current Serve Safe card, valid driver's license, vehicle
- A minimum of 2 years working in management or a high-volume restaurant, banquet catering or hospitality operation
- Job duties require high analytical skills, excellent communication and computer skills, and the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent attendance is required with schedule flexibility determined by business needs. Must be able to work on and offsite, have a flexible schedule and available to work weekends.
- Travel may be required for occasional deliveries, visits to other locations, or company meetings.
- Guest centric environment where feedback is welcome and changes made accordingly
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, carry loads greater than 35 pounds, and be able to transport up to 50 pounds regularly.
At Salt & Honey, we believe every occasion should be a celebration! We are passionate about creating fun, memorable and effortless events. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we service all parts of the greater Bay Area from Napa to Silicon Valley.
Our approach is simple: Take the best ingredients at the height of their season and let them shine. We believe using locally sourced and sustainably raised-and-caught produce, meat and seafood creates the best meals that are satisfying for the palate and responsible for the environment. Our style is driven by the bounty of Northern California, finding inspiration in Mexican, French, Italian and Caribbean flavors.
Our dedicated team believes in sourcing seasonal ingredients, working with professional and service-oriented staff and creating simple, rustic and elegant presentations.