TomFerry is the coaching company in real estate. Our mission is to raise the standards by creating success. That means we are super-focused on supporting our members, employees and partners to set big goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them. Of course, we are there every step of the way.
The office lives on a high-energy culture that includes all departments working closely together to identify gaps and develop solutions together. After hitting a big goal you can find the entire office at a bowling alley, Dave & Busters or taking over an entire movie theater. We like to work hard and then celebrate!
Our people and culture are what makes the company so successful, which is why we only hire the best. If this sounds like the environment for you and you're ready to make a big impact on a fast growing, already established company, we'd love to meet you. Oh, and we're super proud of our Best Places To Work In OC badge.
Events Manager oversee and organize events from conception to completion. The ideal candidate possesses experience in live event production and management, is super detail-oriented, and is a proactive problem solver. This role requires someone who can understand and conceptualize an event plan from an initial, big picture vision down to every minute detail.
Who we're looking for:
- You have a passion for and expertise in events, entertainment, personal development, and/or speaker events
- You love the hustle and bustle and all the moving pieces leading up to and during the event
- Your people skills are bar none. No one is a stranger and you understand how to connect with everyone, treating all with respect
- You love to travel and you're able and flexible to travel and work extended days and sometimes weekends depending event schedule
- You like building effective partner relationships including with clients, vendors, suppliers, and crew members
- You know how to successfully manage a budget, have accounting/expense report experience and aren't afraid of numbers
- Your organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task are excellent
- You have superb written and verbal skills and an exceptional ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- You have a "do what it takes - no job is too small" team player and positive attitude with a willingness to wear other hats and step in to perform and support other roles when needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Event Planning and On-Site Management: Manage and provide support in coordinating pre-production, event execution and post-event follow-up for events.
- Research & Site Selection: Conduct site selection and site visits as needed, including hotels and independent activities
- Contract Negotiation: Negotiations skills are a must. Negotiate contract terms that are favorable to the company with suppliers related to accommodations, meeting space, food and beverage, equipment, supplies and other elements
- Budget Management: Full budget responsibility for each event; coordinate across all stakeholders involved to ensure all projected and actual costs are documented and budgets stay on track - including submitting payments, invoices and expenses
- F&B Event Orders: Work directly with venue on menu planning and guarantees
- Oversee Staff: Oversee staff supporting the events and make sure they are properly prepared and trained.
- Travel, Rooming Lists & Logistics Management: Coordinate heavy logistics including booking travel, hotel arrangements, maintain rooming lists, and scheduling activities for staff and clients. Collect, gather and submit rooming lists and have a strict awareness for cutoff dates and releasing rooms
- Speaker Recruitment and Coordination: Engage your strong communication and logistics skills when engaging speakers: travel, contracts, and technical requirements, etc.
- Manage Technical Production: An educated knowledge of technical production (sound and lighting) is not necessary, but eagerness to learn is a must. Having worked side by side with an A/V company is important
- Maintain Strong Vendor/Contractor Relations: Create, manage and maintain strong working relationships with frequently used contractors and venue managers.
- Supplies: Procuring supplies for office and events including comparing bids and managing shipping
- Post Event: Analyze the event's success and prepare reports and reconciliations in a timely manner
- Perform a variety of routine clerical tasks and/or administrative duties as needed.
- Attendance and on-time reporting.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Work effectively and communicates clearly with other employees.
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities.
- Review work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. Works under general direction.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; three+ years experience in event planning and/or management; equivalent combination of education and experience. .
- 2 to 5 years in managing simultaneous events, or related experience is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices of event planning and public relations, including event design, organization and production
- Past experience in hospitality, event management or speaker event management is preferred
Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office and Excel
Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face
Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and discounts.
Planning and Organization
Highly organized with a keen attention to detail (you love spreadsheets and checklists)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Skilled in project management
- A knack for crisis management; able to find solutions on the fly; ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and integrity when interacting with suppliers, attendees, speakers and talent
This is usually sedentary work which requires the following physical activities: reaching, sitting, lifting ( 25 pounds), finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing and visual acuity; however, when travelling or supporting out-of-the office activities, the lifting and moving requirement can be 50, and the mobility requirements include climbing stairs, walking long distances, and balancing.
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. The office work environment is boisterous. Attire is business casual.
Approximately 35-45% of the time, depending on event schedule. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are currently working a hybrid schedule. We are in the office Mon - Wed and work remote Thu/Fri. All employees must be located in CA; applicants outside of this location will not be considered.
TOM FERRY IS AN EEO.
TOM FERRY PARTICIPATES E-VERIFY.
All offers are contingent upon receiving acceptable results from a pre-employment background check and drug test.