Job Title: Engineer Non-Exempt
Reports To: Chief Engineer
The purpose for the position:
Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on property equipment, guestrooms, public areas, and employee areas to keep all facilities in operable and presentable condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Maintains and repairs all equipment, guest rooms, public space, and employee areas
- Maintains and repairs the property power plant machinery (heat, power, air conditioning, and refrigeration)
- Immediately responds to guest maintenance requests
- Completes assigned work orders
- Regularly performs maintenance duties of equipment including lubrication, changing the filter, checking fire extinguishers, etc.
- Must be familiar with the alarm system used throughout the property so conditions affecting the building security or creating fire hazards are detected and responded to immediately.
- Directs and sorts with outside contractors as necessary to perform the required maintenance or construction job
- Keeps immediate superior promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objective of this position
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Al all times projects a favorable image of Westlake Village Inn to promote its aims and objectives and foster and enhance public recognition and acceptance of all of its areas of endeavor
- Performs other duties as required and requested
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Ability to read and write in basic English.
- Organize and Prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- The Ability to apply common sense understanding
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to lift, reach, bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously, climb stairs, push and pull up to 250 lbs. With wheeled assistance.
- Back support is required when moving anything over 20 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively. Bilingual English and Spanish are preferred.
Relationships to Data, People, and Things:
Data: Excellent time management skills required. Accurate, timely organized in oral and written communication.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,280.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- 8-hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Facilities maintenance: 4 years (Required)
- Property maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location