Artists, visionaries, storytellers-that's the Signature Dining team at Disneyland Resort. Under our Culinary Director, Chef Andrew Sutton, our fine dining restaurants offer incredible growth opportunities to develop your skills as a professional chef, culinarian, and craftsman. With access to the best ingredients, our award-winning restaurants set the backdrop for one-of-a-kind experiences that can only be brought to life through our connection to our food.
Cast Members could be working at any of our Theme Parks fine dine dining locations at either Carthay Circle or Club 33.
Signature Fine Dining roles which include Dinner Cook and Specialty Cooks are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Cooks at key production stations in the preparation of meats, fish, and poultry by braising, baking, roasting, (oven or rotating spit) and high-level skillet/sauté work required in a fine dining restaurant. Will also partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation.
Signature Fine Dining/Dinner Cook-starting pay rate $19.60
Signature Fine Dining/Specialty Cook-starting pay rate $21.85
Eligible for $1,500 New Hire Bonus Incentive
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, Cast Members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A Cast Member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to October 02, 2022 or after December 31, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 5 years experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or culinary degree and 3 years related experience
- Strong communication, proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Understands the purpose of the knife and when to use it
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guest and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Workbrain)
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
Preferred Education :
- Vocation School training or High School certification
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Certification from CIA or equivalent
- Basic Wine Knowledge
- Recommendation from school
Additional Information :
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking "Apply for this job" below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking "Next" on each page, then "Submit" on the final page. KEYWORD: DLR CASTING, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary, Disneyland Resort Casting Hourly Jobs, DLRResortRoles, DLR Resort Roles, hiring bonus, hiringbonus, incentive, DLRCulinary, DLR Culinary