Class A Delivery Driver
Are you a local truck driver looking to advance in your career with an amazing team? Are you motivated by unique challenges? Tired of the same old, same old drive? Join the CORT Tradeshow & Events Delivery team! We are hiring immediately for Class A CDL drivers.
The Delivery Driver works collaboratively as part of the Operations team and has a direct impact on the overall success of CORT. You will be responsible for loading, delivering, and installing furniture at Tradeshow and Event venues. Help us create memorable celebrations by delivering furniture to festivals, weddings, corporate events, or even the Superbowl!
Starting pay is $32 per hour, depending on experience. Potential to earn $90000 per year with overtime. This position is eligible for a $5,000 retention bonus!
The CORT Events Chicago district covers 12 states. Our Class A drivers will have the opportunity to travel regionally and will help with the set up of events throughout the area. Travel expectations for this position are 30-40% with hotel and per diem covered during the out-of-town deliveries.
A Day in the Life:
- Drive a 26-foot box truck with a lift-gate, sprinter van, or tractor-trailer from our warehouse to event venues
- Unload and install furniture at venues according to floorplans or instructions
- Interact face to face with our clients and provide a positive customer experience
- Repair, clean, or replace damaged furniture onsite as needed
- Participate in pre-delivery meetings to ensure a successful event delivery
- Assist with loading/unloading furniture in the warehouse pre or post event as needed
- A valid Class A driver s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- At least one year of professional experience driving a tractor-trailer.
- Physically able and willing to move furniture; ability to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inlcuding nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally to make out of town deliveries or assist additional CORT locations.
- Clear and effective communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- You care about people.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must pass drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.
You would be a great fit if:
- You re flexible and willing to roll with the punches
- You enjoy interacting with people every day
- You enjoy variety in your job-every day is different!
- You enjoy a fast-paced physical position that gets you up and moving
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly pay rate; weekly pay; guaranteed 40 hours/week with occasional overtime opportunities
- Promote from within culture
- Comprehensive Health Insurance (Health, Vision, Dental)
- 401K with company match
- Employee Discounts
- Paid holidays and time away from work
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.