Why Terova Senior Living?
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Health Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited. We are committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a "job". We want each of our associates to feel like they have a career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Terova and how you can become part of an organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation, presentation of highest quality meals and service and to perform duties as required for the smooth operation of the Dining Services Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly discuss and resolve any potential food services problems with all involved team members and team leaders.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner and assist with production or service lines.
- Prepare hot and cold items as designated by First Cook or Dining Services Director.
- Follow all health department practices, safety practices, and infection control practices.
- Break down service line and clean work area as scheduled or instructed by First Cook or Dining Services Director. Properly care for and clean all work areas and equipment.
- Store all food, label and date accordingly. Keep storage areas clean and organized.
- Assist utility person in performing his/her duties.
- Always maintain a professional attitude. Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite, and professional manner.
- Must be a Serve Safe Certified, if necessary, per state regulations.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Preferred proficiency in English. Must be able to routinely follow written and verbal instructions.
- Attend in-services monthly required for position.
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and bend for periods of up to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee handbook.
- All offers of employment are subject to passing background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MISSION: To Enhance The Human Spirit
CORE VALUES: To Serve with Heart, To Serve with Purpose, To Serve with Courage and To Have Fun While Serving