The host is the guest's first impression of Schwartz Brothers Restaurants. Therefore, professionalism, a friendly and welcoming demeanor, and an efficient manner is critical in determining whether the guest will become a loyal customer. The host orchestrates the flow of seating and thereby greatly influences the sales volume of the restaurant. The host provides warm, friendly, and immediate greetings to the guests as the door, seats, and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested accommodation.
- Greets guests promptly and seats guests efficiently in accordance with the standards and procedures in the Host Workbook and as directed by a Manager.
- Answers the telephone and directs calls in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner and/or answers questions concerning the menu and retreatant to promote sales.
- Maintains reservation sheet/Open Table effectively to ensure guests are taken care of in an efficient and accurate manner. Seat guests within timing standards.
- Performs setup and side work duties in an efficient and accurate manner. Helps to maintain cleanliness of restaurant.
- Works as a member of the team to serve guests. Maintains positive, upbeat, and energetic attitude towards guests and coworkers. Assists others whenever able, including bussing and resetting tables.
- Maintains highest standards of hygiene and sanitation. Follows Health Department standards for hygiene and safe food handling. Maintains current Food Handlers Permit.
- Adheres to state liquor regulations in serving alcohol. Has current liquor permit on person when working, where applicable.
- Running the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeping track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables.
- Taking guest information and quoting wait time to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking menus at host area.
- Interacting with guests coming in as they leave, ensuring a positive dining experience.
- Filling to go orders by utilizing food delivery apps on the iPad.
- Maintaining restrooms throughout shift.
- Upholds company mission and philosophy of company.
- Performs other duties as asked and directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills, and Aptitudes:
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members, and guests)
- Must be able to read, write, and determine wait time based on Schwartz Brothers Restaurants procedures
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- At least one (1) year experience in a fast paced, upscale restaurant
- Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Proficiency in Open Table
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Able to move throughout all areas of the restaurant.
- Must walk, stand, or remain stationary during entire shift.
- Frequently required to walk, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must meet State minimum age for using required equipment.
- Flexibility and/or reliability in work schedule are required to provide support when needed.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with other team members and guests.