Please note, this position is located at Steamboat Resort in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Flex Year Round
Who We Are: Steamboat- Ski Town, U.S.A. is known as the friendliest mountain destination in the world, thanks to our western heritage and welcoming staff. We pride ourselves on hiring the best employees and providing the best experience in the industry. Our employee satisfaction scores top the charts and we have employees who choose to work for the resort for 2, 5, 10, 20 plus years. Fair warning, starting a job at Steamboat could lead to endless fun, lifelong friendships, and a rooted sense of community.
Who We're Looking For: Friendly folks who want to work at the best ski resort, play in Champagne Powder and meet friends from around the world. Our culture is supportive, challenging, passionate and committed and we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We are looking for unique individuals who exemplify these qualities and care about each other, our mission, our environment and our communities. If you like to provide incredible guest service with a friendly attitude, you're ready to join our team. If your dream job includes skiing and riding, interacting with guests, rewarding work, free concerts, fireworks, employee parties and more-we'd love to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits: Year Round employees at Steamboat are eligible for medical, dental, vision, legal plan, pet insurance, Vacation and Sick Time, Paid Parental Leave, health saving account with employer contribution as well as the perks and benefits that all Steamboat employees enjoy. These include a IKON Base Pass ski pass for you and Alterra Mountain Company pass for eligible dependents, competitive compensation, free bus passes to surrounding areas, retail/rental discounts, food & beverage discounts, industry pro deal discounts, friends & family discounted tickets subject to restrictions, reservations and/or blackout dates. Steamboat also offers a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, (eligibility rules apply), Employee Assistance Program, and a chance to learn and advance within Steamboat Ski & Resort Corp. Steamboat employees are also eligible for discounted tuition with partner online universities for all Alterra Mountain Company employees to further their education.
The Cabin Restaurant, located in the Steamboat Grand Hotel is looking for an Assistant Restaurant Manager with at least one full year of restaurant supervisory experience and proficient with Microsoft Office. Resume and cover letter required.
Detailed job description, including responsibilities, work performed, tools or equipment used, etc.:
• Plan, supervise and coordinate the daily operations of the restaurants; maintain impeccable cleanliness standards and closely monitor opening and closing procedures
• Exercise supervisory authority over outlet employees
• Assist Manager of Restaurants with weekly schedules, time keeping, and shift meetings
• Supervise and assist as necessary with all operations which may include line set-up and restocking, food preparation, customer service, cleaning, expediting food orders from back of the house, dishwashing, hosting, waiting and bartending; maintain RTP point of sale system
• Responsible for continual training and ongoing performance evaluation of employees
• Assist with inventory of all alcohol products
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times and follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner
• Assist in other areas of Hotel Food and Beverage Department as needed
• Ensure understanding and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory requirements
• Other duties, as assigned
Minimum skills, experience, education and ability required for this job:
• High School degree or GED required; formal college education in hospitality, preferred
• Broad, basic knowledge and skills related to restaurant service operations, including experience in ordering, inventory control, staff scheduling, cash reports and similar administrative or management skills
• Must have at least two years of experience in food and beverage supervision
• At least average overall computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher) proficiency
• Problem solve in a highly effective manner and maintain positive relationships with guests and staff, including management, subordinates and co-workers
• Be a consistent role model for company's Service Excellence standards
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must stand for long periods of time
• Must lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must communicate clearly in English both written and verbal
• This is a salaried exempt position and is not subject to overtime pay
• Position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays
• Resume and Cover Letter are required with online application to be considered for this position •All Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation employees are required to follow adapting COVID policies and guidelines.
The base salary pay range below represents the low and high end of the Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation salary pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Steamboat area base salary pay range: $48,000 - $53,000 per year
Steamboat Ski & Resort Corporation is an equal opportunity employer