Resort Lifestyle Communities is accepting applications for a Sous Chef to provide resort-style food and hospitality while developing strong, positive, and lasting relationships with our residents and guests. The Sous Chef works collaboratively with the Executive Chef, Community Managers and other Culinary and Dining team members. Schedule, Benefits and Pay:
- You will work lunch and dinner shift Tuesday-Saturday (evening meal ends at 6:30pm-no late nights!).
- You can enjoy a delicious free meal during your shift!
- You will have robust benefits to choose from and receive $575 per month from our company to apply towards any benefit(s) you select, including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and/or Long Term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Dependent Care FSA- to apply towards childcare or other dependent care
- Accident Insurance and Hospital Indemnity
- Met Law- access to attorneys and legal advice
- You will receive paid holidays and vacation time, as well as a 401(k) with a generous employer match.
- You will receive great pay and work/life balance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will safely and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, eggs, and other foods in a scratch-based kitchen while maintaining a clean and sanitary work station area.
- You will execute a dynamic menu utilizing different cooking styles while ensuring appealing resort-like presentation for all food.
- You will learn side by side from our expert Executive Chef and provide leadership support in the Executive Chef’s absence.
- You will monitor and stock the Chef’s Pantry; and log temperatures.
- You must live by our Core Values of Respect, Kindness & Compassion, Honesty, and Service Excellence.
- Previous leadership experience in culinary preparation and cooking preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required; culinary degree or other higher education preferred.
- Basic computer skills required; data entry experience preferred.
- Ability to secure appropriate food handler permits as required by local ordinances within two weeks of first day of employment.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
If you have a servant heart, a passion for hospitality and are eager to make a difference, complete our on-line application today and you'll hear from us soon! We are Resort Lifestyle Communities, a family-owned company established over twenty years ago. We specialize in providing all-inclusive, independent, resort-style 55-and-over senior living retirement communities all across the nation. Our Home Office is based out of Lincoln, Nebraska and we are rapidly growing and expanding! EOE/ADA
Pay Range: $17 - $20 per hour