Job Summary (Purpose):
The Cynch Delivery Rep drives is a non-cdl driver, delivering filled gas grill cylinders (20s) to residential, business and ACE customers. Residential deliveries are to customer homes, typically exchanging their empty tank(s) with full tanks. The customer generally leaves the empty tank on their front porch, and the Delivery Rep will pick that up and drop off a full Cynch tank. Cynch business customers are typically restaurants, bars or apartment complexes that use the tanks for patio heaters and grills. These can be recurring deliveries where we exchange all empty tanks at the customer location. ACE deliveries are to cages in front of convenience stores that re-sell the tanks to the end user.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and secure pickup truck with required Cynch and/or Amerigas propane tanks
- Conduct pre-trip inspection
- Make all deliveries, following the routes provided through the Cynch iPad.
- Get signatures from commercial/hospitality customers
- Unload the pickup truck at the end of the day and help keep the yard organized.
- Follow all safety and regulatory protocols
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic technology aptitude a must
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs consistently throughout the day
Education and Experience:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must be wiling to work weekends.
- Must pass background check, including MVR check
- Must pass pre-employment drug test.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.