The Rally Hotel is an independent, lifestyle hotel located in Denver's downtown playground, McGregor Square. Located in the heart of Lower Downtown, The Rally is representative of all that Colorado has to offer. From the railway to the Rockies, Denver's industrial roots to mile high skies, moments of discovery are found around every corner.
Our 182-room hotel is adjacent to the home of the Colorado Rockies, Coors Field and located on McGregor Square. This full-city block is the epicenter of entertainment featuring restaurants, retail and a circulate plaza with a stadium sized LED screen, that will host sports entertainment, movie nights and private events. The Rally inspires the playful side in all of us.
Come join our team at The Rally Hotel!
Cleans and prepares guest rooms by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times. Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled.
- Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the Executive Housekeeper for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management
No formal education or training
- Must have basic knowledge of general cleaning principles, use of cleaning products and operation of standard cleaning equipment.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate both verbally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. continually throughout a shift.
- Must be able to push, pull and move levers, equipment and furniture throughout a shift.
- Must be able to work with arms raised above head throughout a shift.
- Must be able to maneuver fully loaded maid cart, weighing up to 50lbs., through hallways and into/out of closets during entire work day.
- Ability to identify minute debris and dirt in poorly lit areas, and to read written instructions and computer print-outs.
- Prolonged strenuous physical activity in indoor climate-controlled environment.
- Excessive heat and humidity in laundry. Inside 95% of shift.
Benefits for Full Time Hourly Roles Include:
Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Health savings and flexible spending accounts
Basic Life and AD&D insurance
Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with employer matching
Employee Assistance Program
Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program. Up to $1,000 per referral.