As Bodega Taqueria y Tequila continues to expand its footprint in South Florida we are looking for an experienced Assistant Director of Human Resources to join our Corporate team. Come join an incredible growing company!
Offering traditional Mexican favorites as well as unconventional and innovative interpretations, Bodega specializes in tacos and tortas, homemade sodas and authentic beverages in a dynamic, eclectic "puebla" inspired setting. Disguised behind a meat locker door, the no-name speakeasy behind Bodega comes alive at night, serving up Miami's best tequila and cocktails in an environment that brings the fabric of the community together - artists and musicians, locals and travelers alike - for late night conversation, performances and fun.
Seeking a dynamic HR professional with excellent communication and organizational skills to lead recruitment and HR initiatives. This position will work out of the Corporate office reporting to the VP of People supporting all Bodega Tequila y Taqueria locations and is responsible for working with the leadership team to create a dynamic culture that will maintain superior levels of associate, guest, and stakeholder satisfaction. The Assistant Director of HR will lead all recruitment efforts and source talent; train and develop team members; handle all aspects of employee relations; drive effective communication at the property; ensure employment statute compliance as well as company and internal policies and procedures; and oversee all aspects of wage, benefit, worker's compensation and unemployment.
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all Human Resources/employee regulations and laws, and ensure that the property is in compliance.
- Participate in EEO, Unemployment, Wage & Hour, Worker's Compensation, OSHA, ADA, Immigration and Naturalization Service hearings. Implement policies and programs to guarantee compliance.
- Communicate new policies, information, and directives to all employees.
- Ensure staffs compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and oversee recruitment, candidate screening and reference checks.
- Recruit, interview and recommend all positions.
- Set up, approve, and maintain all wage and salary programs, including performance evaluations.
- Recommend and/or approve all employee transitions, i.e. new hire, transfer, promotion, etc.
- Maintain open door policy.
- Monitor and analyze turnover statistics.
- Conduct training classes.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Participate in and monitor safety committee in compliance with Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Ensure compliance with all HR related Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Establish and maintain safety incentive program.
- Become a certified trainer in all current HR training modules.
- Practice positive employee relations, including coaching, counseling & discipline.
- Develop and maintain "no cost" benefit programs.
- Monitor Service Standards by Position training program.
- Participate in and monitor orientation programs.
- Develop managers for future advancement.
- Ensure managers are using coaching, counseling and discipline to address issues/concerns.
- Ensure Associate Opinion Survey is completed by all employees.
- Develop and maintain suggestion box program.
- Plan and edit employee newsletter.
- Manage all personnel files.
- Manage resume and application files.
- Develop and monitor recruitment resources.
- At least 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a closely related industry.
- Previous supervisory responsibility required.
- College course work in related field helpful
- Familiarity with and knowledge of employment laws required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.