UNIT DESCRIPTION: Carroll College Dining Services. $14 - $16. $300 sign on bonus.
Position Summary: The Dining Room Attendant is responsible for assisting the server in the dining room; duties to include setting tables with clean napkins, china and glassware, pouring water for guests and assisting with serving when needed. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to dining guests.
- Provides personalized service during guest interactions.
- Removes dirty dishes, linen, glassware and flatware from table and counter tops, and transports items to designated area.
- Wipes counter areas, sinks and floors as required to maintain a clean and safe work station.
- Maintains cleanliness of designated areas as directed in accordance with established health and safety standards.
- Deep cleans food and beverage equipment (coffee machines, soda and juice dispensers, ice bins), service stations and refrigerators as scheduled or required.
- Operates and maintains equipment as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures.
- Removes and properly disposes of all debris accumulated in dining room and service stations in accordance with department procedures.
- Maintains par levels of operating supplies (china, flatware, glassware, utensils), condiments and paper supplies for each service station, obtaining replacement stock from inventory room in accordance with procedure.
- Reset tables with silverware, linen, napkins and glassware in accordance with established dining room table top specifications.
- Assists servers in their duties (e.g., refills water glasses and coffee cups, helps serve food orders, attends to guest needs) as required.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional and responsive customer service to food servers and dining host/hostess.
- Follow defined food sanitation guidelines in preparation of food product and maintaining work environment.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related work experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Benefits Eligibility: Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).