ABOUT ALIGN RESIDENTIAL
Align Residential is a boutique residential hospitality management company dedicated to creating unique experiences. We exclusively develop and manage best-in-class assets in leading markets including San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, and Philadelphia. We are customer-focused, resident-obsessed and unwaveringly committed to the highest of standards. We look for big-picture, strategic thinkers with operations and execution experience and an eye for continuous innovation.
The Resident Ambassador serves as the liaison between current residents, services team members and the management team to foster a vibrant community atmosphere for prospective residents and the community. The Resident Ambassador resolves residents' inquiries related to in-property and off-premises attractions, facilities, services, or activities.
This is a full-time position overnight position, located on-site in San Jose, California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the first point of contact between guests and the organization.
- Prioritize and fulfill the requests of all residents and guests with great friendliness, efficiency, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Greet residents by their name and with a smile to make guests feel welcomed and valued.
- Provide exceptional hospitality in compliance with quality assurance expectations and standards to create a memorable customer experience.
- Resolve disputes promptly with the goal of achieving customer satisfaction.
- Increase company reputation and ensure sustainable growth by discussing the benefits of living at the property, distributing active marketing materials, and providing exemplary service to residents.
- Answer, record, and process all calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns.
- Run daily reports, identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Protect the property and its residents by monitoring who comes in and out of the premises.
- Proactively identify potential issues and take the appropriate action to resolve them, informing management when necessary.
- Constantly increase residents' benefits through active marketing and partnership with the neighboring businesses.
- Increase resident satisfaction and retention within the community through programming alongside the Director of Services, General Manager, and one-on-one contact.
- Remain knowledgeable of local activities and establishments in the area to offer recommendations, answer questions, and give directions.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
- Fully comprehend emergency procedures and the property evacuation plan, and assist with locking elevators open for emergency crews.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, sidewalks, entrances, and related work areas.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships among building staff.
- Drive the food + beverage experience in order to meet daily + quarterly sales goals. property specific
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must be available to work on an on-call basis
- Superior knowledge of basic front desk equipment and procedures, including the operation of a multi-line telephone system
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Outgoing personality with great visibility, accessibility, and availability to all residents and guests
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Ability to handle situations with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage concurrent projects and competing priorities
- Ability to follow directions to safely utilize all equipment
- Strong desire to expand personal horizons, be the best, and be part of creating something special
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree
- Will consider candidates with degrees from a two (2) year university combined with related experience
- Applicable experiences: hotel, hotel concierge, food + beverage, guest experience, front desk agent, coordinator
- Experience with social networking sites preferred
Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, memos and reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to residents, clients, and other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. This position includes frequent walking, kneeling, bending and reaching. The employee should be able to stand for extended periods of time and must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
This job is performed in a premier residential building with an open front door and community-inclusive cafe. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect inside and outside areas of the property location and may be exposed to on-going construction and various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.