Come join our team as a Cook at Carolina House. If you are passionate and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of those in need through compassionate therapeutic practices while working in a team environment that supports learning and growth, this position is right for you!
We are currently have both full-time & part-time opportunities.
We offer excellent pay and benefits including health, dental, 401(k), and life insurance.
Under general direction, implement menus and coordinate food preparation and serve meals.
- Cook and prepare food according to approved menus.
- Direct activities of workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Clean and inspect equipment, kitchen appliances and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Work with Food Service leadership or Dietitian to ensure menus are varied, nutritionally balanced and appetizing.
- Perform and coordinate food production, cleaning, maintenance, and inventory control activities.
- Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures, quality standards, cost parameters, and appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Additional education or training in the culinary field preferred.
- Two or more years experience in food service role in preparing food for institutions, such as school, hospital or cafeteria preferred.
- ServSafe Certification or similar food safety certification, where required by the state, facility.