Angelina s Pizzeria Napoletana is currently seeking a full-time Executive Chef to join our team in our Irvine, CA location.
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant. This position will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Make periodic and regular inspections of units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance
• Coordinate all training activities for kitchen, bakery, butcher shop and other production and service employees, including the identification and analysis of training needs and the design and implementation of programs to address these deficiencies
• Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development
• Assist operation managers as requested in areas such as plate presentation, special function menu planning and the design of new service areas
• Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
• Strategic thinking
• Business acumen
• Communication proficiency
• Presentation skill
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
The work environment can be loud and busy. There are many kitchen hazards such as hot surfaces and liquids, sharp knives, and slippery floors.
The employee is required to stand for long periods as well as walk, bend and stoop. The position requires working taste buds, ability to smell, feel with fingers and visually inspect, including close and distance vision. The position requires ability to use arms, hands and manipulate fingers to reach, stir, measure, pour, cut, chop, dice, decorate, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Local travel expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree with major concentration in food preparation, management, nutrition or related field
• 4+ years of progressive experience in high-volume food production or catering, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Master's degree
• Prior experience as an executive chef
• Prior experience training, purchasing and managing budgets
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Angelina s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button