Job Objectives :
To provide a clean and welcoming environment for the guests / members of Cordevalle.
- Clean and maintain all guest rooms as assigned, ensuring hotel s standards of cleanliness.
- Responsible for reporting any maintenance deficiencies and handling guest requests or complaints.
- Ensures the confidentiality and security of all guest rooms.
- Demonstrate teamwork by cooperating with all staffs.
- Provide value added service by doing whatever is reasonable and possible to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Under variable temperature.
- Outdoors / Indoors.
- Around chemicals.
- Around bio-hazards.
- Fluency in English and Spanish language.
- Previous hospitality experience in a luxury hotel preferred, at least one year.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with accuracy.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow associates and guest in person or via two-ways radio.
- Must understand guest s service needs.
- Must be able to read and understand daily work assignments.
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform job functions with details and organize.
- Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly.
- Must be able to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Must be able to work as part of a dynamic quality-driven team.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Experience in luxury hospitality industry in similar position.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to bend, lift, and standing or walking all day.
- Exert physical effort in transporting (30 pounds).
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Clean guest rooms by category priority.
- Transport cart with cleaning supplies, amenities and linens to assigned guest room and position securely.
- Service assigned guest rooms.
- Empty trash containers and ashtrays.
- Remove all dirty terry and replace with clean par to designated layout
- Remove soil, dirt, soap build-up and hair from bathroom mirrors, vanity, sink, toilet, shower walls, bathtub and floor.
- Replace facial, toilet tissue and bathroom amenities in correct amount and location.
- Inspect condition of bathrobes and replace soiled/damaged ones.
- Remove dirty bed linen and make up bed with clean linen.
- Inspect laundry bags and slips.
- Clean closets and door tracks on check-out rooms, removing dust and debris. Ensure correct amount and. placement of hangers and other guest supplies.
- Dust and polish all furniture.
- Realign furniture to floor plan.
- Open all drawers/doors in check-out rooms and remove items left by guest inside.
- Check under bed(s), chairs and sofa for debris and remove if present.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips or stains; report any damages to the supervisor.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames and mirrors.
- Remove dust and debris on television, clock radio, remote control and cable box.
- Set correct time on clock and correct TV channel.
- Clean all lamps and light switches, check for proper working order.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from windows, ledges and frames.
- Remove dust, grease and smears from telephones and reposition properly.
- Empty liquid from ice bucket and wipe all surfaces dry where applicable.
- Remove dust smudges and spills from mini bar (including doors and shelves; ensure it is plugged in.
- Remove dust on shutters weekly and realign to correct position daily.
- Inspect condition of amenities in desk, drawers and guest service directory; replace designated amounts at proper locations within the room.
- Inspect condition of planters and plants; remove debris.
- Remove dust, dirt, marks and fingerprints from entrance door(s).
- Ensure presence DND sign. Inspect condition and replace as needed.
- Remove dust from vents, grids and thermostat. Set thermostat in accordance with seasonal instructions.
- Remove dust, stains and marks from all baseboards, ledges and corners.
- Remove dust, stains on mantle. Clean fireplace glass doors.
- Vacuum/ shake area rug in guest room.
- Spray room with deodorizer.
- Update status of rooms cleaned on assignment sheet.
- Clean and store chemical buckets in designated closet.
- Return and restock cart at end of shift.
- Empty vacuum bag and wipe vacuum clean.
- Ensure security of any assigned guest room keys.
- Handle guest complaints by following the six step procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Report any damages or maintenance problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items from guest rooms to the Supervisor.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This Job Description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by his/her direct manager.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
I have read and accept the responsibilities described above which are necessary for the position. I have had the opportunity to discuss this with the Executive Housekeeper and had been given a copy.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule. Holidays and weekends required.
Powered by JazzHR