Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Cook III to join our Team!
The Cook III
prepares and presents menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner. Cook III will assist in cold prep, salad and grab & go production recipes. Expected to serve hot food and follow recipes to produce all hot food in the kitchen. Follow all HACCP and food safety guidelines. Ability to work on at least three concept stations. Assist chef/manager in placing orders with various vendors; creating cleaning and production checklists; creating new menu items and writing recipes to be approved by the chef. Assist in training Cook I and II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Requirements/Specifications Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Requirements:
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions through actions on a daily basis.
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Assist in creating daily production sheets.
- Accurately assemble and present all menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event s needs as outlined on the menu.
- Properly expand and/or divide recipes as needed to achieve proper yields.
- Familiarize themselves with catering menus and master recipe indexes.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the production kitchen and production facility.
- Ability to work at special events when required.
- Implement special recipes and menu ideas handed down by the Chef/Manager.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that all food production, storage, and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Assist with ordering all food and other supplies, monthly inventory, and maintaining par levels.
- Responsible for sanitation in the kitchen, including checking to see that all equipment is working properly.
- Complete all prep for the next day s production per production sheets and recipes as assigned and as needed.
- Assist in recipe training of Cook I and Cook II personnel.
- Transport food and all other supplies to and from the kitchen in a sanitary manner.
- Take temperatures and record them for all food.
- Serve food on the hot line and prepare side orders ensuring excellent presentation and garnishing all plates.
- Demonstrate ability to work on at least three concept stations and follow recipes to produce all hot food in the kitchen.
- Follow HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food practices.
- Responsible for receiving and putting away all kitchen deliveries.
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines.
- Report to scheduled shift on time and in complete uniform as outlined in the Quest employee handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Quest Food Management Services, Inc.
- Associate s Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Cook II or Kitchen Supervisor
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (certified as a Food Handler)
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Food Handler certification)
- Previous experience in a similar role is helpful but not required
is a privately owned, full service, foodservice management company located in Lombard, Illinois with annual sales over $65 million. Founded in 1985, Quest has served schools (elementary, middle, high schools, college/universities) throughout Chicagoland guided by its mission to provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service.It has been Quest s employees who have been the cornerstone of our growth. Quality people, quality food, and quality clients are our recipe for success. Led by our vision to create the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it; with integrity, responsiveness, accountability, respect and excellence. Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.