Job Title: Receptionist
Reports To: Business Office Manager
Status: Part Time Full Time
Responsible for operating telephone/communication center and serving as the information/referral center for all residents, staff, and departments. Provides services and support to staff in a manner that meets or exceeds community expectations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
• Answers incoming telephone calls in a cheerful and marketing oriented way, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
• Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Answers general questions about the community and provides callers with address, directions, and other information and refers other specific questions to appropriate staff.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
• Maintains copy and fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
• Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
• Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating
• Collects rent checks from residents and family members and provides needed information to Assistant Executive Director.
• Collects money for meal tickets, etc.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence. Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
• Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Able to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring board or beeper, photocopier. Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.