One of our top clients in the Food & Beverage industry is looking for an experienced Senior Quality Assurance Manager for their Oregon location! This family-owned business has been around for more than 20 years, is rapidly growing and looking to expand out of state! In this role, you will be key in developing and implementing food safety plans and quality programs and assisting in the process of expansion. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking for growth, can work in a fast-paced environment, and can bring original ideas related to food safety and facility expansion.
The Senior Quality Manager will oversee quality assurance, food safety and the continuous improvement programs for the company. The intricacies of this job description will likely seem like a long, running list of acronyms. To summarize, you ll be the continuous improvement champion and the voice of quality for the organization, ensuring that every decision aligns with the companies commitment to deliver the highest quality products on the market.
- Create, communicate, and execute the company's long-range quality & food safety strategy.
- Talent management/development including coaching direct reports and other leaders.
- Drive & implement systems and process improvement through other teams.
- Problem Solving on an interdisciplinary team.
- Identify, lead and facilitate broad based product Quality & Food Safety programs.
- Support QA supervisor and serve as backup SQF Practitioner and site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Ensure regulatory standards (FDA, State, etc.), 3rd party food safety standards, and GFSI programs (SQF Level 2) are effectively implemented, maintained, and continuously improved.
- Define and measure product attributes against a consumer Gold Standard including sensory.
- Develop Quality Loops that provide actionable data to the operations team.
Process Controls/Continuous Improvement
- Lead and coach other leaders on effective use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
- Deploy a robust non-conformance & corrective action follow up process.
- Leverage SPC statistical process control and other C.I. tools (Kaizen, Gemba, 5S, etc.) to reduce variation and drive continuous improvement throughout our organization.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor s Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or related field is required; (experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years in quality, continuous improvement and/or food science (baking industry preferred)
- FSMA PCQI Certification Required (iso 9001 or other certifications preferred)
- Innovative- an out of the box thinker who strives for excellence.
- Entrepreneurial/Start-Up Mentality - be pressure tested and able to thrive in environments of uncertainty and pressure.
- You are fascinated by problems and are relentless in the pursuit of solving them.
- You are deadline-oriented with ability to organize assignments, set priorities, and carry out plans.
- A competitive annual salary based on experience and market demands.
- Employer supported medical plan for employees and their dependents.
- 401K retirement savings plan.
- 10 PTO days.
- 10 Company paid holidays.
- Business casual atmosphere.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
(Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United
States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize
that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right