About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Do the right thing when no one is looking, and accept ownership in everything we do.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
As a Line Cook you are responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to The Steakhouse recipes and specifications. We are seeking an individual who is able to work efficiently and quickly as restaurant kitchens can be busy and fast paced. To be successful in this position, experience in the food service industry and commitment to impeccable food presentation and garnishing is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. Your main role as a Line Cook at The Steakhouse is to assist the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks, along with a variety of your own duties and responsibilities, outlined below.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- At the start of the shift, check the Daily Prep List for assigned duties. Based on the Daily Prep List, you will prepare and cook a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils such as broilers, ovens, grills, fryers, and more.
- Comply consistently with The Steakhouse's standard portion sizes*, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- When preparing all products, use our Standard Recipe Card-do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, General Manager of the Restaurant, Kitchen Manager, or Manager-on-Duty.
- Ability to Work Efficiently and Independently
- Attention to Detail
- Possess Time Management
- Maintain and Possess Composure
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of six months kitchen experience preferred.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
- Ascend and descend a ladder
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.