Are you currently seeking a cook position that has the opportunity for growth and could have you home by 9PM? If so, this is the position for you!
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Cook to join our Dining Services team featuring Bistro, Fine Dining, and Steak House Concepts!
The Cook prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, by following established policies and procedures. He or she prepares hot food, such as entrees, soups, and vegetables, using established recipes for our various dining venues and for special event functions, and ensures that safe and high-quality food service is provided at all times.
The Cook's Responsibilities Include:
- Prepares food following all sanitary regulations and established policies and procedures
- Reviews menus prior to preparing food
- Prepares meals in accordance with planned menus
- Assists in serving meals as necessary
- Serves food following established portion control procedures
- Prepares food for therapeutic diets following planned menus
- Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties
- Prepares food using standardized recipes and special diet orders
- Ensures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assists in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary
- Assists in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times
- Assists in establishing the foodservice production line to ensure that meals are prepared on time
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from the nursing service
- Assists in food preparation for parties and other special events
- Performs other duties as required