No more late shifts as a Cook! Cooking shifts end in the early evening so you can still go out and have a social life! Use your skills or join our team and we will train you up to use your cooking skills to help some of the more vulnerable people in our community.
Ask your hiring manager what benefits you can expect at S&R! Across S&R, our leaders have come up with creative benefits in their Homes such as:
* Full range of Health and Dental Benefits
* Paid Annual Float Days
* Flexibility in Shift Scheduling
* Team parties, lunches, outings, gift cards, and paid days off
* Financial Incentive Programs
* Corporate Education Assistance Program
* Annual Service Awards Banquet
* Quest for Success Awards Ceremony
* Confidential assistance with financial and emotional issues
* Prioritizing Promoting from Within
* And more!
* Certification in the Food Safety Awareness Course with recertification every 5 years.
* Previous Cooking Experience preferably in a health care/long-term care setting. Even if it's fast-food, we will train your cooking skills!
* Ability to work well with other members of the team.
* Good communication and professional interpersonal skills
* Able to read and write English
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare nutritious meal items for the residents in a safe, sanitary manner in accordance with Public Health Regulations, MOH guidelines, Canada's Food Guide in compliance with Sanitation Code
* Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe working environment, maintaining this responsibility by safe work habits, using correct hand washing techniques and routine cleaning
* Prepare all diets and textures according to standardized recipes in a timely fashion.
* Practice safe usage of all equipment within the department and the ability to clean, sanitize and maintain the equipment as outlined in the cleaning schedules
* Take temperatures of food as required as per the Policy and Procedure Manual
* Ability to perform/instruct staff in decision-making process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$17.65 per hour
* Dental care
* Discounted or free food
* Extended health care
* Flexible schedule
* On-site parking
* RRSP match
* Vision care
S&R Nursing Homes Ltd. follows all LTC Infection Control Policies and standards as set forth by local Public Health Units. Appropriate PPE is provided to all staff.