No previous work experience required. Benefits will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo.
The Service Contract Act (SCA) Food Service Worker (Cafeteria Worker) serves as a cafeteria and/or delicatessen/bakery worker helping in the preparation, presentation, and serving of specialty meats, delicacies, preserved foods, cheeses, salads, breads, and sweets to patrons.
This worker may assist in any or all of the following: measuring and mixing ingredients as directed, preparing, cooking, and decorating breads, rolls, pastries, cakes, and other bakery items, receiving and unloading trucks, and storing stock, taking special orders or unusual food requests from customers, taking payment and making change for customers.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season, and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records of supplies and equipment used and completes requisitions for new supplies and equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client, and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products, and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt) and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail, and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as assigned.
- May work on a tray line to distribute food.
- May perform and receive applicable compensation per SCA regulations for other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo.
We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.