POSITION: Sr. IT Engineer
REPORTS TO: VP of IT and Products
Birdcall is a fast growing, tech-based restaurant company with a passion for pioneering restaurant technology to spearhead growth and efficiency so we can focus on quality food and guest experience. The Senior Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in- house information systems that support core organizational functions.
- Design and implement Java applications that fulfill employer requirements
- Create well-written code that runs efficiently and optimally
- Communicate with end-users to determine their needs
- Test completed software and debug as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- 6+ years of Software Development, with 4+ years full-time experience in Kotlin or Java ● Expert in Java and/or Kotlin; Kotlin experience is a plus
- Strong experience with Spring or Spring Boot
- Knowledge of common JVM libraries and their appropriate applications (we try to avoid rebuilding the wheel and Not Invented Here Syndrome).
- Well versed in TDD, especially using JUnit
- Familiarity with SAAS integrations
- Proficient with Git
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it as well as greenfield projects ● Willingness to troubleshoot, deploy, fix bugs, etc.
- Detail oriented
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Major ownership, or areas of ownership, of an existing Java web application and API endpoint development
- Practicing Agile methodologies and have opinions about what works and what doesn't ● Mock test frameworks
- Eagerness to experiment with a wide variety of technologies (cloud services, custom hardware integrations, etc.)
- Angular or React experience
- Experience working with macOS, IntelliJ.
- GCP or AWS experience
- Postgresql or other common relational database